Glycomine is driven to develop therapies that provide significant improvements to the quality of life for patients and families with serious rare diseases. Our team has a diverse background of drug development experience, scientific and medical expertise, and a spirit of collaboration and teamwork. This is an exciting period of growth for the company, and we are seeking passionate and talented individuals who share our mission.
About the Role
Addressing unmet medical needs of patients suffering from rare genetic diseases provides tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at Glycomine. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in the process to discover and develop medicines that change a patient’s life forever. The successful candidate will play an important role in the advancement of the current clinical program (GLM101) as well as pipeline projects.
In this leadership role, you will lead and direct all in vitro biochemical and cellular pharmacology activities to support Glycomine’s lead clinical program as well as follow-on pipeline projects. You will be charged with expanding, mentoring, and developing a strong and talented in vitro pharmacology team of Scientists and Research Associates to support you in your goals. This role will bring key scientific knowledge, expertise, and leadership to the company. Reporting to the CSO, and as a key member of the Research Leadership Team, you will play a key role in identifying lead pipeline opportunities and establishing a scientific approach to vet and advance key programs to proof of concept and then to Development Candidate stage and beyond.
REPORTS TO: Chief Scientific Officer
- Build and lead a strong in vitro pharmacology team.
- Develop, optimize, and execute medium to high-throughput, robust, scientifically sound, and physiologically relevant in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays to support the lead program and follow on pipeline projects.
- Generate actionable data to advance programs from hit to lead and to support candidate drug nomination.
- Drive towards success with a result-driven attitude.
- Act as a hands-on leader to run laboratory operations in our San Carlos, California site.
- Identify and manage collaborations with CROs and external key opinion leaders.
- Partner with the CSO and other key company leaders to drive compelling additional therapeutic indication(s) for our platform.
- Generate key POC in vitro pharmacology data for high priority projects.
- Develop compelling data sets to support business development activities aimed at broadening the pipeline and expanding the utility of the platform and publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD with 10+ years of experience in drug discovery and research activities.
- Demonstrated ability of team building and leadership in a fast-paced environment, with proven record of achievement and success.
- Breadth of industry experience with multiple therapeutic areas, with a focus on rare genetic diseases.
- Strong expertise and demonstrated success in developing and implementing various biochemical and cellular pharmacology assays to support lead discovery and optimization.
- Demonstrated success running outsourced assays and managing FTEs at multiple CROs in parallel.
- Expert level knowledge of physiologically relevant primary in vitro cell models of disease with demonstrated success using such models to characterize complex disease pathways and to contribute to lead discovery and optimization.
- Top tier scientific thinking and drug discovery experience as demonstrated through contributions to pipeline advancement, publications and patents.
- Track record of leading research efforts from target validation through development candidate nomination.
- Good knowledge of lipid nanoparticle (LNP) development and optimization is strongly recommended.
- Familiarity with glycosylation pathways and their associated diseases is a plus.
- Experience working across disciplines and successfully partnering with leaders of various functional areas such as Chemistry, DMPK, In vivo Pharmacology, Preclinical and Clinical.
Personal Characteristics & Cultural Fit:
- Results driven, innovative, and passionate about science.
- Adheres to the “Attitude, Motivation and Commitment” success framework.
- Highly analytical, nimble, agile, resourceful, and strong problem solver.
- Strong collaboration skills for enabling high individual and high team performance.
- Strong ability to interface well at leadership team.
- Comfortable making informed judgment calls with imperfect or incomplete information.
- Ready to play a key role in creating a thoughtful, respectful, continuous learning, action-oriented, product-focused, patient-minded and value seeking culture.
- Excellent communicator with effective written, oral and data presentation skills.
Glycomine is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(K), FSA, and much more.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the submit button below to send an email.