Glycomine is driven to develop therapies that provide significant improvements to the quality of life for patients and families with serious rare diseases. Our team has a diverse background of drug development experience, scientific and medical expertise, and a spirit of collaboration and teamwork. This is an exciting period of growth for the company, and we are seeking passionate and talented individuals who share our mission.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head-Translational Sciences, the successful candidate will play an important role in the advancement of new therapeutic indications as well as supporting current pipeline programs. In this role, you will lead and direct efforts to support Glycomine’s pipeline project expansion by developing and implementing novel biochemical and cell-based assays as well as contributing to translatable pharmacodynamic biomarker discovery. As a key member of the Research team, you will play a role in establishing lab-based scientific approaches to support programs from early to late-stage research leading up to nomination of development candidates.
– Lead the implementation of novel and existing assay formats, techniques, and technologies to support Glycomine liposome technology platform.
– Design, develop, and implement in vitro cellular disease models, multiplex plate-based assays, and other techniques for mechanistic proof of concept studies and identification of relevant biomarkers.
– Execute biochemical, mammalian cell based in vitro and ex-vivo assays to support current and new programs.
– Collaborate with internal research teams and external groups/CROs to drive research projects.
– Contribute to scientific ideas and evaluating key hypotheses that advance company technologies. Actively participate in scientific discussions and drive research efforts for new projects enabling Go/No Go decisions.
– Document, compile, and interpret experimental data, ensuring proper QC and validation. Present research outcomes to stakeholders throughout the company in internal project teams and companywide meetings.
– Expertise in molecular and cellular biology techniques, such as cell culture, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, western blotting, and cell-based and bioanalytical assays such as cell proliferation, ELISA, MSD, flow cytometry, mass spec to characterize effects of drug treatment on cells lines in vitro and in blood or tissue samples.
– Innovative and creative individual with the ability to work independently and in a team environment, to prioritize and execute experimental design and data analysis, and to take ownership of multiple projects.
– Well organized and demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
– Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative team environment.
Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology, pharmacology, medical science, or related fields with 2 – 5 years of post-doctoral training or experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Title will be commensurate with experience.
Glycomine is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(K), FSA, and much more.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the submit button below to send an email.